Natural Red Diamonds | Investment & Shopping Tips
Natural red diamonds are the rarest natural colored diamonds. They have a very authoritative look that is unique compared to the all the other different color diamonds.
This article covers the following information about red diamonds:
- Formation & Chemistry
- Grading & Price
- Shopping Tips
- Fun Facts
Formation & Chemistry Of Red Diamonds
A red diamond is no different from a traditional white diamond. Except it is red of course. Clear diamonds and red diamonds have a slight different atomic carbon structured crystal lattice structure.
The slight deformation in the crystal lattice structure pattern causes light to bend as they pass through the carbon atoms. When the light bends it creates a red hue, hence red colored diamonds.
Red Diamond Grading & Pricing
When shopping for red diamonds there are two main labels of grading to pay attention to. You have fancy red diamonds and fancy purplish red diamonds.
Fancy Red & Fancy Purplish Red Price Range
Price: ($42,600 – $2,035,500) Weight: (0.17 – 1.32 carats)
The pricing above is from Leibish. Because red diamonds are so rare you cannot get them everywhere. As a result, Leibish is the best online jeweler to purchase different color diamonds.
Red Diamond Shopping Tips
The 4 C’s Buyer’s Guide
When shopping for red diamonds it is very important you have a good understanding of the 4 C’s Buyer’s Guide. The 4 C’s are:
- Cut– Cut is one of the most influential C’s. Make sure you get the best cut diamond because it shines with a sparkle and fire that really catches the eye.
- Carat– Carat it the weight of a diamond. (1 carat equals 0.5 grams).
- Clarity– Clarity grading is the detection of black carbon inclusions or specs in a diamond.
- Color– Color grading for white diamonds is different than color grading for color diamonds. See the “red diamond grading info above”.
- Shape– Shape is not one of the 4 C’s but it is an important factor in the style of any diamond.
Shopping For Red Diamonds
When it comes to choosing red diamonds you must first decide what you are looking for because it directs your focus. Are you looking for a valuable investment or collector’s item? Or, are you looking to create a custom engagement ring with for a particular look or style only a red diamond can offer?
Red Diamond As A Collector’s Item or Investment
Investing in red diamonds as a way to diversify your portfolio or enhance your diamond collection. They are a great choice because red diamonds are the most rare diamonds. See the red investment grade diamonds available for sale.
I you want to purchase a red diamond that is not considered an “investment grade” diamond. Make sure the diamond you chose has a positive and unique characteristic about it. Furthermore, your investment diamond should have a certain level of beauty to ensure it’s value remains intact.
Color diamond investments are better than colorless, white/clear diamond investments. This is because there are much more colorless diamonds than color diamonds. In fact for every 10,000 carats only 1 of those carats is a color diamond. As a result, colored diamonds hold their intrinsic value much better than white diamonds.
A Red Diamond Can Achieve A Particular Look Or Style
As mentioned in the beginning of the article, red diamonds have a powerful characteristic. This is because the color red is a power color that goes the distance. With all of it’s rarity aside red diamonds a have an energy to them that exude prestige.
When it comes to creating custom engagement rings, red diamonds give a strong vibe that stands out among the rest. Furthermore, many people’s childhood favorite color was red and still is to this day. Consequently, the red diamond color intensity spectrum may be attractive to a lot of people.
Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. But some good aesthetic guidance never hurt anyone. Be creative and let this only be guide to your style choice.
Leibish Is The Best Place To Purchase Natural Red Diamonds.
Red Diamond & Color Fun Facts
Red diamonds are associated with courage, power and influence. As a result, red diamonds attract the attention of diamond collectors around the world. There are many meanings behind the red as well. Below is a list of fun facts about red diamonds and the color red.
- Most rare colored diamond.
- Deformaties in the atomic lattice structure makes the light bend and create a red hue.
- Majority come from the Australian Argyle Mine.
- Red diamonds Also come Russia, India and Brazil.
- Famous Hancock Red Diamond was purchased in 1956 for $13,000 and sold it in 1987 for $880,000. Talk about a good investment diamond.
- Moussaieff Red Diamond is 5.11 carats is the biggest red diamond in the world and is worth over $8,000,000.
The Color Red
- In The Bible the color red represents: The flesh and the power of sin nature. But, red also also speaks about redeeming power of Jesus’s red blood.
- Corresponds to the root chakra.
- Red corresponds to “C note”
- In India: ”Red commemorates the union between two people and is visible right from the wedding, where the bride is decked in brilliant hues of red to the red tikka (spot on forehead) that she adorns after the wedding as a sign of her commitment. It is perhaps easy to see why red also symbolizes fertility and prosperity. It is the color of the fertile clay that reaps harvests and better lives and is used widely in prayer ceremonies and offerings. And India could hardly be celebrated as the land of spices without its most feisty ingredient — chilies. And while red symbolizes fertility and purity, it also connotes a certain sensuousness and demands positive energy. Source
- Red, the color of blood and fire, is associated with meanings of love, passion, desire, heat, longing, lust, sexuality, sensitivity, romance, joy, strength, leadership, courage, vigor, willpower, rage, anger, danger, malice, wrath, stress, action, vibrance, radiance, and determination.” Source
Red diamonds are special for many reasons. They are great collectible items & investments. Furthermore, they add excitement to any custom engagement ring shopping en-devour you may be on. When it comes to shopping for red diamonds, Leibish is the best because most online jewelers do not have red diamonds for sale.