Natural Orange Diamonds | Investment & Shopping Tips
Natural orange diamonds are more rare than natural orange diamonds but less rare than natural green diamonds. Although orange diamonds are not the most rare color diamonds, they are still great investments because color diamonds only account for 0.001% of total natural diamonds mined.
This article covers the following information about natural orange diamonds:
- Formation & Chemistry
- Grading & Price
- Shopping & Investment Tips
- Fun Facts
Formation & Chemistry Of Natural Orange Diamonds
A orange diamond is formed and colored the same way yellow diamond is. They both have their color because of the element, “nitrogen”. But, the difference between the yellow diamond and orange diamond is the the nitrogen bonds with the atoms during the formation of the diamond. Furthermore, it happends at a very unique moment and time. As a result, orange diamonds are more rare than yellow diamonds.
Only a small fraction of diamond become full orange colored diamonds. A lot of orange diamonds have a yellowish color mix.
Natural Orange Diamond Grading & Pricing
When shopping for orange diamonds there are 9 orange hue grades to pay attention to:
- Faint, Very Light, Light, Fancy Light, Fancy, Fancy Intense, Fancy Vivid, Fancy Deep & Fancy Dark.
- The orange diamond price range between ($500–$229,620).
Leibish | James Allen | & Blue Nile are the three best places online to purchase natural orange diamonds.
Among the three premium natural orange diamond sellers mentioned above, Leibish is the best place to shop for many different color diamonds. But when it comes to custom engagement rings it is a close tie: James Allen vs Blue Nile.
Every natural colored diamond is so unique it is worth your while to browse all three. Each online jewelers mentioned above only sell double 3rd party graded natural color diamonds. Their reputation is well respected world wide and are the future of loose diamond and engagement ring shopping.
Natural Orange Diamond Shopping Tips
The 4 C’s Buyer’s Guide
It is very important you have a good understanding of the 4 C’s Buyer’s Guide. The 4 C’s are:
- Cut– Cut is one of the most influential C’s. Best cut diamonds shine & sparkle with “fire” that everyone is looking for in a diamond.
- Carat– Carat it the weight of a diamond. (1 carat equals 0.5 grams).
- Clarity– Clarity grading is the inspection of black carbon inclusions or specs in a diamond.
- Color– White diamond color grading differs from color diamond color grading. White vs. Color Grading
- Shape– Shape is not one of the 4 C’s but it is an important factor in the style of any diamond.
Shopping For Orange Diamonds
When it comes to choosing orange diamonds you must first decide what you are looking for because it directs your focus. Are you looking for a valuable investment or collector’s item? Or, are you looking to create a custom engagement ring with for a particular look or style only an orange can offer?
Orange Diamonds As Collector’s Items or Investments
Investing in orange diamonds as a way to diversify your portfolio or enhance your diamond collection. They are a great choice because natural colored orange diamonds are unique. See the investment grade diamonds available for sale.
I you want to invest in an orange diamond that is not considered an “investment grade” diamond. Make sure the diamond you chose has a positive and unique characteristic about it. Furthermore, your investment diamond should have a certain level of beauty to ensure it’s value remains intact.
Color diamond investments are better than colorless, white/clear diamond investments. This is because there are much more colorless diamonds than color diamonds. In fact for every 10,000 carats only 1 of those carats is a color diamond. As a result, colored diamonds hold their intrinsic value much better than white diamonds.
An Orange Diamond Can Achieve A Particular Look Or Style
As mentioned in the beginning of the article, orange diamonds have rare characteristics. The color orange is associated with creativity, trust and relationships.
When it comes to creating custom engagement rings, orange diamonds have warm vitality characteristics. Consequently, the orange diamond color intensity spectrum may be attractive to a lot of people.
Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. But some good aesthetic guidance is good. Be creative. You are capable.
Leibish Is The Very Best Place To Purchase Natural Orange Diamonds.
Orange Diamond & Color Fun Facts
Orange diamonds are associated with trust, creativity, uniquness, sexuality, and warmth. As a result, orange diamonds are comforting stones. There are many meanings behind the orange as well. Below is a list of fun facts about orange diamonds and the color orange.
- Unique colored diamond more rare than yellow diamonds but more common than green diamonds.
- Nitrogen bonds with the atoms at a unique time of the diamond’s formation. As a result it turns orange instead of yellow from the nitrogen.
- Majority come from the Argyle South America & Africa.
- Famous Ocean Dream Diamond is 14.82-carat fancy vivid diamond with VS1 clarity and worth over $35.5 million. what a great good investment diamond.
- The 5.54-carat Pumpkin Diamond sold in 1997 for $1.3 million and is worth $3 million today.a
The Color Orange
- In The Bible the color orange represents: creative passion & praise, the fire of God, and deliverance.
- Corresponds to the sacral chakra.
- Corresponds to “D note”
- “From the deep orange marigold flowers that bejewel almost every celebration to the deep hues of red that deck up the bride on her most important day, color in India has, over time, become synonymous with religion – an expression of faith and beliefs. In a country where a deep understanding of the prevalent diversity is perhaps the only common thread that ties its people together, India is a magical experience that ought not to be missed.
- “Orange, the blend of red and yellow, is a mixture of the energy associated with red and the happiness associated with yellow. It is associated with meanings of joy, warmth, heat, sunshine, enthusiasm, creativity, success, encouragement, change, determination, health, stimulation, happiness, fun, enjoyment, balance, sexuality, freedom, expression, and fascination.’ Source
- “Orange is the color of joy and creativity. It promotes a sense of general wellness and emotional energy that should be shared, such as compassion, passion, and warmth. Orange will help a person recover from disappointments, a wounded heart, or a blow to one’s pride.” Source
Orange diamonds are special for many reasons. They are great collectible items & investments. Furthermore, they add excitement to any custom engagement ring shopping en-devour you may be on. When it comes to shopping for orange diamonds, Leibish is the best because they have the most color diamonds for sale online.