Natural Green Diamonds | Investment & Shopping Tips
Natural green diamonds are formed very uniquely. they get their green color from exposure to radiation during formation. As a result, they are easy to replicate in a lab by simply exposing white diamonds to radiation. Consequently, you need to lean where to buy authentic natural green diamonds. Green diamonds need a slightly closer eye while shopping compared to all the different color diamonds.
This article covers the following information about natural green diamonds:
- Formation & Chemistry
- Grading & Price
- Shopping tips
- Fun Facts
Formation & Chemistry Of Natural Green Diamonds
A green diamond is formed the same way traditional white diamond. Except green diamonds’ atomic carbon structured crystal lattice structure has radiation exposure for long periods of time. Alpha particles turn the the diamond green and gamma particles make the diamonds take on a deeper green hue.
Only a small fraction of diamond become full green colored diamonds. A lot of green diamonds have a green & yellow color mix. Leibish is the best place to shop for green and yellowish green diamonds.
Natural Green Diamond Grading & Pricing
When shopping for green diamonds there are 9 green hue grades to pay attention to:
- Faint, Very Light, Light, Fancy Light, Fancy, Fancy Intense, Fancy Vivid, Fancy Deep & Fancy Dark.
- The green diamond price range between ($957–$535,100).
Leibish, James Allen and Blue Nile are the three best places online to purchase natural green diamonds.
Among the three premium natural green diamond sellers mentioned above, Leibish is the best place to shop for many different color diamonds. But when it comes to James Allen vs Blue Nile, it is a close tie for second when shopping for colored diamonds.
Every natural colored diamond is so unique it is worth your while to browse all three. They each only sell double 3rd party graded natural color diamonds.
Natural Green Diamond Shopping Tips
The 4 C’s Buyer’s Guide
It is very important you have a good understanding of the 4 C’s Buyer’s Guide. The 4 C’s are:
- Cut– Cut is one of the most influential C’s. Best cut diamonds are great because it shines & sparkles with “fire” that really catches the eye.
- Carat– Carat it the weight of a diamond. (1 carat equals 0.5 grams).
- Clarity– Clarity grading is the inspection of black carbon inclusions or specs in a diamond.
- Color– White diamond color grading differs from color diamond color grading. White vs. Color Grading
- Shape– Shape is not one of the 4 C’s but it is an important factor in the style of any diamond.
Shopping For Green Diamonds
When it comes to choosing green diamonds you must first decide what you are looking for because it directs your focus. Are you looking for a valuable investment or collector’s item? Or, are you looking to create a custom engagement ring with for a particular look or style only a green can offer?
Green Diamonds As Collector’s Items or Investments
Investing in green diamonds as a way to diversify your portfolio or enhance your diamond collection. They are a great choice because natural colored green diamonds are very rare. See the investment grade diamonds available for sale.
I you want to purchase a green diamond that is not considered an “investment grade” diamond. Make sure the diamond you chose has a positive and unique characteristic about it. Furthermore, your investment diamond should have a certain level of beauty to ensure it’s value remains intact.
Color diamond investments are better than colorless, white/clear diamond investments. This is because there are much more colorless diamonds than color diamonds. In fact for every 10,000 carats only 1 of those carats is a color diamond. As a result, colored diamonds hold their intrinsic value much better than white diamonds.
A Green Diamond Can Achieve A Particular Look Or Style
As mentioned in the beginning of the article, green diamonds have rare characteristics. The color green is associated with life. With all of it’s rarity aside green diamonds a have an energy to them that exude harmonious energies.
When it comes to creating custom engagement rings, green diamonds give a strong and clean virility characteristic. Consequently, the green diamond color intensity spectrum may be attractive to a lot of people.
Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. But some good aesthetic guidance is good. Be creative. You are capable.
Leibish Is The Best Place To Purchase Natural Green Diamonds.
Green Diamond & Color Fun Facts
Green diamonds are associated with new-life, growth and freshness. As a result, green diamonds attract the attention of diamond collectors around the world. There are many meanings behind the green as well. Below is a list of fun facts about green diamonds and the color green.
- Very rare colored diamond.
- Natural occurrences of radioactivity, usually from uranium effect the atomic lattice structure makes the diamond put off a green hue.
- Majority come from South America & Africa.
- Come from Brazil, Venezuela, Africa, & Guyana.
- Famous Ocean Dream Diamond is 5.5 carats and worth over $7.5 to $10 million. what a great good investment diamond.
- Dresden Green Diamond is 40.70 carats and is the biggest green diamond in the world.
The Color Green
- In The Bible the color green represents: Praise, growth, prosperity, new beginning, flourishing & restoration.
- Corresponds to the hearth chakra.
- Corresponds to “F note”
- In India: ” Green symbolizes a new beginning, harvest, and happiness. It is also the revered color of Islam, a large religious presence in India. Green symbolizes nature and therefore is a manifestation of God himself.”
- “The color green affects us physically and mentally in several different ways. Green is soothing, relaxing, and youthful. It also helps alleviate anxiety, depression, and nervousness. Green also brings with it a sense of hope, health, adventure, and renewal, as well as self-control, compassion, and harmony. The green color is often used to indicate safety in the advertising of drugs and medical products. Green is directly related to nature and energy, so it is also commonly used to represent and promote ‘green’ products.” Source
Green diamonds are special for many reasons. They are great collectible items & investments. Furthermore, they add excitement to any custom engagement ring shopping en-devour you may be on. When it comes to shopping for green diamonds, Leibish is the best because most online jewelers do not have green diamonds for sale.